And somebody complimented my glasses while I was shopping. :)
I’m hanging around the Buford Highway area of #Atlanta, where there’s a huge international population. Ate an enormous bowl of pho yesterday and visited the Buford Highway Farmers Market just now and got US$70 of weird stuff from around the world.
If you live anywhere nearby, check it out!
Oh my god it’s so beautiful and I could only eat half
Chicken, served over aromatics, and torn romaine salad.
4) Add a small portion of your hashbrowns and sausage mixture to each tortilla and roll up...like a burrito. Enclose in foil and fridge.
5) Eat cold at 4:30 in the morning because your job is a nightmare.
Hope you enjoy.
1) Brown your sausage, then drain and set aside. Reserve the grease, and stir the cheese into the still-hot sausage.
2) Saute your mushrooms and onions in the sausage grease. Drain, set aside, reserve what grease is left. Add to the cheese/sausage and mix.
3) Cook your potatoes hashbrown style, adding the grease, and vegetable oil if necessary.
2 russet potatoes, shredded, salted, and wrung out
1 yellow onion, sliced (others also acceptable)
1/2 Lb Colby cheese, shredded
1/2 Lb sharp cheddar, shredded
2 Lb sausage or other ground protein of your choice (I like 1 hot and 1 sage.)
1 Lb Crimini mushrooms
8-10 large flour tortillas
Seasoning to choice (I like dry minced garlic and crushed red pepper in my sausage.)
*A food processor will be your best friend for shredding all this stuff.
ETHAN'S BREKKYRITOS FOR FOLKS WHAT DON'T LIKE EGGS
Chef's note: this is a bastardization of the noble burrito, which comes from the storied Tex-Mex tradition. Never discount the contributions that Latino chefs have made to American and world cuisine. It is a beautiful culinary heritage and should be enjoyed from the hands of those who originated it at every opportunity.
I went to The Butcher The Baker and had fried chicken with Brussels sprouts and mashed taters. Tasty and very affordable, plus the music was impeccable.
You can usually find me @Ethancdavenport. I love to cook almost as much as I love to eat!
Food pics will always be behind a warning, but discussion will be untagged. That’s what this alt is for!
All about food, friends, cooking and community.